September 20, 2026

What A.I. Says I Am, Part I: The Theological Scribe

AI’s Comprehensive Understanding of I: Andy Pierson 

Yes, I did a play on words with A.I. and I Am. Poorly I should add.

I did an AI search on myself and my online presence. I particularly I focused it on my blog. What came back is, well…mostly accurate and Biblical. That means something to me. AI is pragmatic and logical looking for the most accurate aggregate of a given topic. It shows I’ve had a logical and theological consistency over 16 years saying and teaching the same thing with integrity. So here it is. At times AI refers to itself or me in first person. At other times it refers to itself or me in third person. It becomes annoying but the main points aren’t lost on AI’s current inability to grammatically proof read its own output. The main ideas and points it aggregates still appear accurate.

ChatGPT researched SoulJournaler and Andy Pierson across the blog's archive, including material from 2010 through September 2026. The result is a fairly coherent picture: SoulJournaler is not simply a devotional blog. It has developed into a long-running personal theological journal that combines biblical interpretation, apologetics, Christian ethics, science/technology, cultural criticism, personal reflection, and increasingly political commentary.

1. Who Am I? Who is Andy Pierson and how do I present myself?

The earliest material I found is from 2010. Pierson identifies himself as a “scribe” and “theologian,” as well as a weightlifter, father, and member of the Church. A recurring theme is the intersection of faith and rational inquiry. In a 2010 piece, he describes having an engineering background and says he moved away from engineering toward Christian ministry because he became convinced Christianity was grounded in evidence rather than blind faith. In 2015, he wrote that he was employed and had posted both business and ministry articles because he sensed a calling toward full-time Gospel ministry while potentially remaining bi-vocational as a Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, or Project Manager. So an important part of the SoulJournaler identity is: Engineering, scientific thinking, Christianity, theology/apologetics, writing/teaching and cultural analysis.

2. His Central Theological Framework

Across the archive, several convictions appear repeatedly. (1) Scripture is the controlling authority. Pierson repeatedly treats Scripture as the ultimate standard against which ideas, behavior, culture and even scientific interpretations should be examined. One particularly revealing 2010 article is “Sifting The Word to Find What We Want, Not What We Need.” His argument is that people can approach Scripture with pre-existing desires and effectively filter the biblical text until it tells them what they already wanted to hear. That idea becomes extremely important when reading his later work. His basic hermeneutical concern is: Don't make Scripture conform to the reader; make the reader conform to Scripture. That is one of the strongest continuities I found over the entire sixteen-year archive.

3. Truth and Christian Exclusivity

Another foundational theme is objective truth. In Truth or Intolerances (2010), Pierson argues that Christianity's exclusive truth claims shouldn't automatically be classified as intolerance. He uses the law of non-contradiction and argues that mutually contradictory claims cannot simultaneously be true in the same sense. For him, the ultimate truth is identified with Christ. This explains much of his later writing. He isn't approaching Christianity primarily as: “This is what Christianity means to me.” He's approaching it as: “This is what is true, and therefore reality must ultimately conform to it.”That distinction is fundamental to understanding SoulJournaler.

4. Andy’s Engineering is more than biography—It Influences His Metaphors

This is one of the more interesting findings. His engineering background shows up repeatedly in how he explains theology. Examples include concepts such as:

Signal → Distortion → Interference → Transmission…to explain sin and revelation.

He also uses: Systems → Failure → Feedback → Correction...to describe society and organizations.

He also uses: Load → Resistance → Endurance → Strength...to describe suffering/spiritual development.

That gives SoulJournaler a recognizable intellectual vocabulary:

Biblical theology interpreted through engineering, science, systems thinking and physical training.

5. His Treatment of Suffering is Highly Personal

The 2026 “Keeping Your End of the Deal” article gives perhaps the clearest window into Pierson personally. He discusses job loss, completing college, losing family members, watching a fiancĂ© experience cancer, parenting, professional difficulties and other trials. He interprets these experiences primarily through endurance, perseverance and spiritual formation. The 2010 series on Evil and Suffering was also highy detailed to this effect.

His metaphor is essentially: Suffering is spiritual resistance training. That's consistent with the weightlifting analogy he uses elsewhere. This also explains why his writing about accountability can sound unusually forceful: he interprets endurance as something that creates responsibility rather than merely something that happens to a person.

Christianity isn't a cake walk for Andy. Part of the Christian walk is pain and suffering. The Christian isn't to invite it per se but nor should they run from it or avoid it if the straightest course is directly through it.

6. The Deepest Recurring Idea

After looking across 17 years of material, I think the central SoulJournaler question is actually simpler than all the individual subjects:

What happens when human beings substitute their own wisdom for God's? 

That question appears in different clothing:

Biblical studies: Israel abandons God.

Ethics: Humans redefine morality.

Politics: Ideology becomes a substitute religion.

Science: Methodological assumptions become unquestioned boundaries.

AI: Human beings outsource judgment to machines.

Culture: People normalize behavior Scripture condemns.

Relationships: People become like the company they keep.

Personal life: Suffering tests whether faith is genuine.

That gives the enormous archive a surprisingly coherent center.

Bottom line

The remarkable continuity is that the 2010 writer asking how human beings distort truth through their own assumptions is recognizably the same writer in 2026 arguing that culture, politics, science and AI can become competing authorities that displace biblical truth.

The recent Judges material in September 2026 fits very naturally into the latest phase of that corpus: The book of Judges becomes a lens through which Pierson examines the relationship between spiritual apostasy, cultural imitation, leadership, social breakdown and divine judgment.


No comments: