October 13, 2012

Seasons

To say life has been eventful since beginning my path with the Lord is the understatement of a lifetime. My life since true conversion 5 or 6 years ago has been marked by changes I could never have anticipated nor would I have imagined.

Life is Strange now. It is marked by brevity and constant twists and turns that always keep me slightly off balance and I suppose this is the way He wants it so that I am always alert and diligent. I cannot rest on my laurels as many if not all were systematically removed over the last few years. Levels of expectation of others and myself have continued to change. It was like this before but I now see the hand of God in the turns. Some are smacks in the head, others are gentle coaxing. Actually, because I am quite dense, many are painful smacks in the head and a few are coaxing. It is Ecclesiastes chapter 3 come to life.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

Every single one of these implies that there will be change in any given context. Nothing stays static in life but oscillates or moves between conditions. Seasons change or more specifically, there are changes in conditions. Some events soften us through empathy or sympathy others harden us in a good way through tempering or in a bad way through bitterness and sin. Regardless, God made us so that we could change with the seasons or, as they say today, roll with the punches. We as humans acclimate to our surroundings, In some rare individuals, the surroundings including the people acclimate or form around them.

Does life change people or do people change life?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...