February 17, 2014

SoulJournaler © Copyright Policy

I have noticed an increase of my material being “borrowed” and not credited or worse, I am being misrepresented or taken completely out of context. Because of this I needed to implement a copyright policy for my intellectual property. I will eventually post this permanently on the side banner area. I hate to do this but there are unethical people even within the church that are willing to misrepresent other people’s positions in either self-aggrandizement or to malign others to make themselves look good. All the while these people defame the name of our Lord Jesus Christ calling or labeling themselves “Christians”. Sadly they are simultaneously murdering people’s character through decontextualization or just plain old-fashion libel.

As Paul once alluded to in Philippians 1, I do not mind so much that people take my stuff and try to pass it off as their own without citation, I care the they persecute the saints.

Philippians 1:15-18 ~ It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

What I do care about is that the mischaracterizations of me or what I wrote beings shame to the name of Jesus or inhibits the unadulterated spread of the Good News/Gospel.

1 Corinthians 1:10-17 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

As such I have reverted all content to copyrighted status effective immediately. You will now need to either adhere to the following stipulations or request permission directly from me in writing in the comments section of a post. Below are the stipulations for use backed by the legal recourse available to me through Blogger.
(1) Content is provide free except were reader feels obliged to donate to my ministry.
(2) When citing or crediting content cite it to either SoulJournaler© or Andrew Pierson.
(3) Cite the copyright information (i.e.: Copyright 2014, SoulJournaler© or Andrew Pierson. All rights reserved.  Used by permission). 
(4) Cite the source by providing the Web address or SoulJournaler© as below
(5) Posting SoulJournaler© Web Content on Your Website 
(6) Link to the content on the SoulJournaler© website (preferred) 
(7) Make the word “here” link to the specific URL where the content lives. 
(8)You may duplicate and distribute only full-length versions of the posts. 
(9) Alterations that change meaning will result in cease-and-desist and request to remove my content from your site. 
(10) You may not edit or alter content in any way without first consulting with Andrew Pierson. 
(11) You may request permission directly from me in writing in comments section of post 
(12) You may not charge for the material even to recoup your own person costs. “Freely you have received; freely give.” ~ Matthew 10:8
Peace and Grace to All in Christ, Andrew Pierson

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...