March 23, 2016

A Shed Full of Wood

They say that once written or photographed stuff is on the Internet it never disappears and it’s out there forever. This bodes well for the Gospel. It bodes especially well for anything published online about the Gospel. Such as a blog. A blog like SoulJournaler. At the time of writing this post Souljournaler has now amassed a total of 1460 articles over six years and has now surpassed 2 two million (2,000,000) views since its inception.
On average each post is in the neighborhood of 2-3 book pages so that equates to approximately a 3000-4000 pages of a hardcover book. It boggles my mind that I’ve written enough to fill a 4000 page theology book with just the stuff published (not to mention the hundreds of pages in papers that remain unpublished).

I have written to teach and to edify and have found that even in my own darkest hours that my own writing has even fulfilled this for me. I often go back and read some of my older posts because I have often needed to be reaffirmed of my own faith based in earlier beliefs in my own times of distress and trial. Even in the hard times the Lord has blessed me…in some cases…by my own hand. 

Over the last six years I have slowly accumulated fuel for a fire that, now stoked, will now need to burn until I take my last breath. I am talking about the flame lit in me by the Holy Spirit to proclaim the Gospel even at risk of alienation from all I held or all I hold dear. And believe me, I have needed to go into the woodshed for fuel a few times over the last few years to draw on inspiration of former days and take some of my own advice at times off of my own blog (not to mention many other Christian web sites also).

Frankly, six years down the road from its startup I did not expect to still be writing and posting to it but life since my inauguration into the Faith, has taken many unforeseen turns. Although I have neglected it lately because of personal issues I still write and compile for possible future articles. Over time my theology has matured and changed. Because it is a blog dedicated to exalting God and the Lord Jesus Christ I am proud of this accomplishment. It was started with a simple biblical intent and those reasons remain the same today as they did on day one.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 ~ “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ…”

1 Peter 3:15 ~ “…but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence…”

There is a lot of fuel for the fire in this reserve of 1400+ posts. It is there not only to strengthen my fire but for all other takers also. So stop back often and grab what you need, its free for the taking. My thanks to all who have paid SoulJournaler a visit over the last six years as one or more of the 2,000,000 visits and pray that you will continue to return in the future….whatever that future may hold.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...