August 2, 2010

I Don't Want To Change The World...I Just Want to Recreate It

The more I see of the twist ethos in this world the more I am convinced that the only way I will ever be able to affect a positive change is as a man of God. Politics and wealth will not work as we have seen recently and through history. Somehow corruption always seeps into the system thereby either destroying it outright or hijacking to use as a tool to subjugate a race or people.

We now see the end result of years of this mentality and methodology in America. I am dumping my politics and activism of any form and solely pursuing the creation of a new world by helping to create New Creations. To literally help change one person at a time and show them the direction to Jesus Christ and the Kingdom. To scatter seeds that may one day blossom in the Kingdom. The world has always been a messed up place but recently when words stopped having meaning and everything became an attempt to spin an agenda, my stomach has turned sour to it. It worsens by the day.

The Left points at the Right and the Right points at the Left. The true middle points at both sides and nothing gets accomplished. Only God can straighten this mess out and I am putting all my efforts in and through Him. I will pursue ministry as I am called, for I am called to obey. I no longer want to help change the world...I only want to help recreate it in Jesus Christ's image. Make it and everything in it a new creation. I wish no accolades for myself only for the One who has recreated me and given me another chance to set things straight and to help others do the same. I only wish to do the Lord's will and work and if I can't do that I would rather do nothing.

If I see see something that is clearly immoral, amoral or against what the Bible teaches I will still stand my ground in a firestorm regardless of how controversial the topic such as sin, abortion, sexual immorality, corruption, murder, abuses of all kinds, injustices (real ones, not percieved ones). What I cannot do is what I have stated in my ministry mission statement. I will no longer split hairs on issues that are non-salvational if I am in danger of losing the person. I would rather lose the argument (at least temporarily). No more: Trying to be a hero stuff, just trying to be like Him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...