September 5, 2010

A Whim That Went Worldwide

I have been watching the statistics on the SoulJournaler blog and I am thrill to see the participation from the outside world has been increasing exponentially. The traffic to SoulJournaler is increasing on a weekly basis. I would first like to bless and thank the Lord for stirring the hearts of the people when they see advertisements online or in the real world to pay us a visit here. I would also like to thank you the readers as this blog has begun to take on a life of its own that I had never anticipated. I truly believe this is one of my ministries to the world right now as it allows me to study and take my studies of God's word and take my experience from my walk and put them out for the world to see. To allow the world to bear witness to the work the Lord is doing in my life to transform me into a sanctified tool that will bring Him the utmost glory.

On my site I have a tool that is a rotating globe (also have others that aren't as nifty). I am sure you have all seen it and some of you have actually played with the arrows and turned the Earth upside down and made it spin at a dizzying pace :P (me too!) It is called Revolver Maps. When folks visit it shows the flag and the city the visitor is visiting from in a geographical context. Places from all over the world have been popping up. Places I have heard of and some I have not. Lately I have been seeing something remarkable (at least from my perspective) happening. I have been seeing cities pop up in countries I know are largely non-Christian or downright hostile to Christian belief. This gives me pause and I reflect in a philosophical manner on these hits. Hits on the site from Jordan, Turkey, Iran, the "-stans" in southern Russia, Tibet (how did they get Internet access up there?), Yemen, Qatar, Indonesia, Thailand, Jakarta, Malaysia and the list goes on. Some places were more friendly but still on the other side of the globe in a different hemisphere, in a different season...literally and figuratively.

I sit there and think that I started this site as an avenue to expound and vent on what has been piling up in my head so people in places like:

Valley Forge Christian College in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania ***
Northpointe Community Church in Limerick, Pennsylvania ***
Pottstown Bible Church & Mission in Pottstown, Pennsylvania ***
Harvest Fellowship in Boyertown, Pennsylvania ***

...and others that I discuss things with (online) could better understand, in a typed articulated and systematic manner, my perspective and what I have learned in my walk. I now have strangers on the other side of the world lifting a sail to catch the wind of the Holy Spirit. I could've never imagined one of my whims would reach worldwide. It never occurred to me. Not once.

I am deeply humbled both by the work of the Lord in all of this and by the immensity of what is taking place. I am an infinitesimal insignificant dot or blurb on this beautiful pale blue dot drifting in the vastness of God's enormous and amazing universe. Just one of 6 billion plus people. This isn't John MacArthur's-Grace To You Ministries, R.C. Sproul's-Renewing Your Mind-Ligonier Ministries, Billy Graham, Greg Laurie, John Piper....it is just me. Every time I get beat down I look at Revolver Maps and watch the globe spinning around and around. Sometimes while I am watching a place like Quezon City pops up and I think "There are people interested in Christianity there?" and then I think "Where is that?" This work the Lord is doing in me is reaching people in places I never even knew existed. Yeow! I need to make sure I get it exactly right. I am responsible for the accuracy of what is getting out their and a person's eternal salvation may hinge on my wordage or interpretation. This thought humbles me beyond words and convicts me to assure that I have done my homework.

It encourages me and compels me to lean into the yoke that the Lord has given me. I pull down my hat against hostile environs and adverse winds that blow my way and I keep pressing forward, pulling my load in life, reaching and straining for the glory of the Lord.


***BTW: Please pay any of this churches or institutions a visit and if you feel so compelled, donate as they are doing good work for the Lord.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...