January 20, 2012

Album Review: Theocracy - As The World Bleeds


I realize I almost never review music on this site but I needed to make and exception for Theocracy's "As The World Bleeds". I am a progressive metal guy in the vein of Dream Theater,  Kansas, Queensryche, Neal Morse, Sieges Even and Symphony X. As I have begun to immerse myself deeper and deeper into the Word I have searched for more meaningful lyrics that suit my state of mind that God is building for me. Recently, I have come across a new album from a band named Theocracy from Georgia that I was aware of but until recently did not pursue for my MP3  collection. No longer. The lyrics and the music for me are superb and the songs "I AM" and "Altar To The Unknown God" border on genius for this type of music. I imagine many will differ in opinion from me and that is fine, it takes variety to keep the world from becoming monochrome and dull. If you are interested I would check them out. "As The World Bleeds" (2011)... (1) Altar To The Unknown God (2) 30 Pieces of Silver (3) I AM

Rating: 10 of 10

All Lyrics by:
Theocracy
Ulterium (Europe), Nightmare Records (US), (2011)

Theocracy Official Website

------------------------------------------------------

I AM

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...