January 21, 2012

The Power of A Manufactured Personality

Occasionally, I have these fleeting thoughts that surface while I am thinking about other things. This especially happens when I am deeply in the Word studying. Strange...its like God is dropping a message in a bottle right in the middle of an already full basin that I am wading in. When the message surfaces, I will jot down or type the main gist of the idea and move on. As quickly as the message comes, the message goes again the same way. Many probably warrant expounding upon but I don't always have the time to see the thoughts to their meaningful end so I will begin to drop them in SoulJournaler as blurbs for people to comment on instead of wasting them on Facebook. They are usually presented to me in my mind as challenges to my conscience or existing dogma so I will present them to you in the same manner. The most recent one I leave below....


"Why are we as Christians purposely aligning ourselves with certain political personalities right or left (of dubious motives or manufactured personalities) when it specifically pits us against other Christians with probable allegiances to other political personalities? These personalities are not of the church per se yet we allow their agendas and motives to cause divisiveness amongst us. This is especially troublesome when we do so knowing we are causing division within the Church's unity and love. Then people wonder what I mean when I say that I do not believe in effecting a change to the world through political means.

When are people going to learn what Jesus did in the Gospels?"

Why are politicians or their ideas in our pulpits? Why do we allow their agendas and many of their godless philosophies to be voiced from the place God should be glorified?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...