April 26, 2010

And now...a Souljournaler Disclaimer


I've been asked a few times why my posts are too long. I've also have been asked a few times why they are too short.

I type these for the edification of believers and non-believers alike. Believers are not always going to want to continue to read over what they already know just as non-believers are going to have problems with doctrines of sanctification, justification, predestination, etc. I mix it up. I try to work with as many people as I think I can reach with the Lord's message. It is a method the Lord has laid on my heart to spread the Good News. If messages seem a little bit redundant it is because I am trying to reach those new in the faith and build them up enough to understand important doctrine or more complex ideas that don't surface through one or two sittings with the Bible. These are the readings and understandings that require one to read the entire Bible an begin to tie the Bible together at a 30,000ft level before explaining the individual ideas (i.e.: covenants, long-term faithfulness, centrality of Christ, etc)

I also realize that people do not have a ton of time during the week to be reading this and I care about glorifying God, spreading Gospel of Christ, reaching the lost and sinners (people like me) of the world. For all intensive purposes, when I reach out to believers on this blog I am reaching to congregants of distant bodies (Australia, Asia, Africa). IF these people are not part of flesh and blood ministries and churches, they should be because the Lord charged us with physically meeting and fellowship with other believers.

"...not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near." Hebrew 10:25

I attend my own church Northpointe Community Church in Limerick PA but at the same time I try to apply the second part of this verse in this blog "encouraging one another" and I also revisit and try to apply the previous two verses (and the whole Bible) daily...

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works..." ~Hebrews 10:23-24

I am solely attempting to bolster and build up the people that read this blog in the interim between their visits to their local "family". If people are relying solely on my blog for their fellowship and education of the Bible they need to rethink their modus operandi as noted in (Heb 10:25). People should meet people, not pound keys and put fingerprints on plastic TFT liquid display screens.

Conversely, although I always try to keep these posts under 2000 words, sometimes the topic and idea run long and I will not abbreviate explanations of what I believe the Lords word is telling me or cut an idea short that I think is important to expound on. Additionally, I go through great pains to assure what I put in print is absolutely accurate in terms of interpretation and historical, cultural, and other contexts. Obviously my application or how I describe it in today's terms with today's examples is sometimes a little goofy and unorthodox but I do it in a way to assure getting my point across.

If I believe something is errant that I have written I will not post it. If you think something is errant and I have posted it please respectfully inform me and we will discuss the issue. I am not the end all that is all, the Lord is. I am solely a messenger of his mercy and grace and because of this...I do make mistakes. If you flame me or publicly flog me I will ignore you solely based in principle. I am a peacemaker or at least I am trying to be. I can take the heckling but if you are being non-biblical in your behavior I will not honor the solicitation.

Other Scripture References:

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. ~Matthew 5:19

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. ~James 3:18

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." ~2 Timothy 3:16-17

2 comments:

Greg West said...

Andy,
I wish I could frequent your blog more than I do (I think I get here about 1 to 2 times a week) becuase it has been such a blessing and source of encouragement for me. Sometimes I think, "God, why can't I be as good of a writer as, Andy?" And God says, I've already got an "Andy", what I need is a "Greg". Keep up the hard work, my friend, and thank you for giving your time a talent to help build the kingdom!

Andy Pierson said...

I don't want to speak for God but...I think you're right. He wants Greg to be Greg. The world doesn't need another mess like me :). As for my writing, I've never viewed it as anything out of the ordinary. People have told me they like my down-to-earth easy going style so I have listen to criticism over the last 20 years of writing and honed the edge. BTW, don't be so hard on yourself and your writing ability. It looks good to me. I read your blog at least once or twice a week also. May God stay and support you in your blogging voyage.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...