May 26, 2010

I Am Not Trying to Split the Atom

I have now gotten it coming and going. I was told some of my posts are to technical. Lately I have been old my posts are too simplistic. You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. My most current series of inductive in-depth personal study pieces "Examining The Scripture" are not turning over new stones or attempts to split the atom. It isn't like I am writing some new profound subcategory of theology or doctrine. If I was I wouldn't be surprised to see many people calling me out on it. As Solomon said:

"What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." ~Ecclesiastes 1:9

I am not recreating the wheel I am trying to decipher the workings of the wheel and explain some of the neat stuff I find when I begin to pull it apart. I "shake the tree" in as sound a hermeneutical and exegetical manner as possible to see what comes out. I view things often from a 30,000 ft. perspective/context and then I zoom in to analyize all the nuances in the text(s) itself. I don't claim to find something that isn't already there I am only seeing if there is more depth to areas that I am studying. I have often found that Hebrew and Greek transliteration/translations aren't always linear and we loose some of the "color" bringing the original ancient texts across languages and across millenia.

Occasionally, because I approach the text from and odd angle I find something interesting. God laid out this wonderful book and it his chock full of stuff that warrants mentioning. I am only utilizing it and reading it with an eccentric and quirky personality to view it with a slightly tilted head. Often times I read stuff and write about it only to cock my head to the right in befuddlement at the truth I uncovered (kind of like my dog tilting its head when I make a high-pitch noise). I then pass these observations on to you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...