February 26, 2011

For The Love of God's Word


iPad
April 2010

I received this quote from my neighbor. It is true to its very core. He and I bear witness to its truth as do my wife and his also. Only the Holy Spirit could cause me to love something this much.

"Effectiveness in teaching the Bible is purchased at the price of much study, some of it lonely, all of it tiring. If you are not a student of the Word, you are not called to be a teacher of the Word."
D.A. Carson
The nature of Ezra’s task could easily be taken as a model of the privileges and responsibilities of all whose duty it is to teach the Word of God to the people of God.

At the very center of my heart I am a scribe like Ezra. I know it without a doubt. I love God's word and it loves me. I am not fully happy outside of fellowship with my family or the church unless I have revealed what the word and the Spirit wanted me to find. It is labor of love and I often break a sweat doing it. I wouldn't give it up for the world.

Ancient Wax Tablet
Approx. 1st Century A.D.
“For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the LORD, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel” Ezra 7:10

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...