October 31, 2019

SPLint3 R3d

It was a strange beast
I use to be. 
I am
...occasionally I still see it hide
......behind the mirror
...in the periphery

look direct I cannot see

I find a piece of it hidden

.......in the pocket of my coat
it pricks me.

A dark mirror reflects a dark image

I have tried to sew my pockets shut
I still feel sharp edges of 'it' in there

annoyance just below the surface

It pokes in my side, reminding me, like...

Thorn in flesh

I smashed the mirror but the little pieces
Still reflect me, smaller but 1000 times

1000 revelations of my sin

1000 still-frames of failure  

...the sinner that I am
Shards of mirror sparkle like stardust
My hope in the pieces
In the remnants

Splintered

Shattered

There's hope but not from me

I deceive no one                in my disjointed life
Mirror exposes truth from 1000 pieces

Hammer to nail 3 nails
Hammer splinters the mirror
An image of me
A hammer pulverize who I was
A hammer rebuilds who 
I am

33 years
 3 nails
1 death

I cannot sweep away what I was of old

But we've begun to build the new 


from the old

The old has gone away
Not destroyed, reformed
Reborn

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...