February 19, 2010

Am I Evil? Am I Holy? I am man.

The Question of Evil. "Why does God allow evil, why doesn't he stop it"? You should thank Him that he doesn't eradicate and exterminate it as soon as it rears its ugly head. We all would've been dead and in hell a long time ago. We would've never been able to repent and gain salvation through Christ. God gave us freedom to choose. Since the fall of man in Genesis 3 we have been choosing incorrectly. That included choosing not to love and obey Him. Anyone who does not do this has already gone errant and strayed. Sinned. Committed evil in the eyes of the Lord. To allow freedom to choose, the Lord God allows man to choose incorrectly. You say, "why doesn't He make people love and obey Him"? Is that really love and obedience? God doesn't actualize evil, man does. It has to be allowable or we would exit and be able to repent. Anything short of the the holiness of the Lord is evil. Sin is sin whether it be adultery, lying, bestiality, immorality, deception, teaching false doctrine, homosexuality, seduction, temptation, murder, coveting, idols. Whether it is telling a half-truth or sending children to the gas chamber. Evil is evil. Some people sin a lot more than others. The Nazis sinned and committed acts of evil a lot greater than your little brother playing with matches and lighting the basement on fire. David probably commit worse acts that Saul. The difference? David repented and grieved his sin. Saul did not.

Romans 3:23 ~...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Evil is absence of good, just as a shadow is an absence of light. Evil is an absence of something that should’ve been there (good). For moral evil to be present and idea of what is good needs to exist. A moral law must exist. God created things as good. Any corruption of this ideal is evil or is a corruption of the intended order. Evil is corrosion, erosion, degradation, retrogression, entropy, destruction of all that is proper.

Evil isn’t what Good is.
Evil is Emptiness of Moral Law, Good is Fullness of Moral Law
Evil is a emptying of Moral Law, Good is a filling of Moral Law
Evil is Absence of Moral Law, Good is Presence of Moral Law
Evil is an ontological parasite of good

Evil is a Disease
Evil is a Parasite
Evil is a Parasitic Disease

Disease: (noun) [Old French meaning "dis-ease" or "lack of ease" in a certain area of the body]- any harmful, depraved, or morbid condition, as of the mind. A condition or tendency, regarded as abnormal and harmful. Disease is a term for any condition that impairs the normal functioning of an organism or body. It may include state of injuries, disabilities, disorders, syndromes, infections, isolated symptoms, deviant behaviors, or atypical variations of structure and function.

Parasite: (noun) [Latin from Greek parasitos one who lives at another's expense]-Something that exists by taking from or depending on another without reciprocating. Synonyms: bloodsucker, bootlicker, deadbeat, flunky, freeloader, leech, scrounger, stooge, sycophant, deadbeat. Parasites are generally harmful to their hosts, although the damage they do ranges widely from minor inconvenience to debilitating or fatal disease.

Evil, like parasites and diseases, is transmittable and often times fatal. Like parasites and disease evil often favors the dark or shady areas. When the parasite becomes more hardy, stronger, bold it will even expose itself to broad daylight. Like the disease, like cancer it can metastasize and kill. It must be cut out of it's host, extricated before it destroys the good, even if it means removing a piece of the host with it.

Matthew 18:9 ~ And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire.

Evil is the only disease/parasite that you can chose to have or not to have. Evil is a choice to not be holy. Evil is a choice to not love God. Evil is a choice to not obey edicts that were put down by God for our own benefit because he loved us. God gave us the ability to decide.

Are you to be evil? Are you to be holy?

Romans 7:18-25 ~ For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

One final thought: If we want evil to stop in the world perhaps we should begin with ourselves and let the Lord deal more with the world for now? Once we begin to rein in our own evil then maybe the Lord can use us to go out into the world to help others. We are of no use if we can't move because we are buried under our own sin.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...