May 7, 2011

Donation Greatly Appreciated


I have wrestled with the thought of actively asking for donations for this ministry as I do not wish to drive people away with the dollar sign $$$. I also tried to do SoulJournaler with the idea that, "Freely you have received; freely give". For a year it has worked. But as you can see in the right hand column things are becoming quite tight in my household between bills for a family of four including two young boys, school tuition, study time and work. In conjunction with the aforementioned statement, my wife and I have mounting debt for schooling/seminary. Having discussed this with my wife and my spiritual mentors it appears I have three viable choices in this situation and all of them works against the grain of who I am as a person. Besides...requesting donations makes me feel like a mooch and a televangelist on the cable networks. To me this is bad company.

Regardless, my choices are as follows:

1. I can litter this site with a load of monetizing advertisements for mostly godless companies advertising their wares. Companies I do not even care to associate with because they are quite indiscriminate, pluralistic and ambiguous in their morals and values (Google, Amazon, etc). Some of the foreign sites I have looked into have questionable connections and motives that will make me feel like I am whoring myself out to a godlessness and a corrupt faceless corporation.

2. I can limit doing this blog and drastically cut back on its content to pursue increased workload. Unfortunately, the danger in this avenue is that it will not only jeopardize SoulJournaler, it will also make my studies in Pastoral Ministries/Theological Studies suffer also.

3. I can request direct donations and move my donation tab to the top of my page to make it more visible.

4. I can write a book based on the blog to sell in the marketplace. This I am already pursuing but it is tedious and takes a lot of time. Even this is fraught with unsavory connotations  since publishers like Zondervan are owned by people like Rupert Murdoch who appears to care less about Jesus Christ or the Gospel.

As all of these options are sub par and for all intensive purposes...stink, I need to opt for the least sinful and least obnoxious.

I have opted for the latter two. The Lord has laid it on my heart to humble myself and request donations. I have also begun to filter/proof articles and unposted material for inclusion in a book to prepare it for a publisher. If the Lord wants this ministry to continue in its currents robust form...I believe He will provide. If not, this blog wavers and will fade eventually.

I have been faithful to the Lord over the last two/three years of study believing that...as I need to cross what looks like and impassable chasm, the Lord is faithful to provide. Amazingly so. I have not questioned His plans for my life and as these struggles have arisen He has provided. The last time I came up short in the finance department a generous and anonymous donation arrived in the near exact total I needed for my texts in the Spring semester which were quite hefty. I am indebted to that anonymous individual for their Godly generosity. According to the Bible they have stored up for themselves a reward in Heaven. I can promise them nothing but continued educational posts.

Matthew 6:19-21 ~“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

If this blog ministry has served you in any manner or has been even remotely edifying for you please consider helping a servant of God that is struggling in His attempt to remain obedient to what he and his family believe to be a call from the Lord. A call to actively serve in His Kingdom and to win peoples to Christ through education and a passion for the truth.

I have been quite honest and forthright with my situation. I pray that others will do likewise. I realize times are tight but I also know that the people of God always come through in times of need.
Any donation to this ministry would be greatly appreciated. If you feel so inclined there is the "Donate" button in the right-hand column.

δοῦλος Χριστόu (Slave of Christ),
Andrew Pierson

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...