May 29, 2011

Hey Snarky! Yours for 3 Easy Payments of $19.99!!!

Lately my site traffic has been decreasing so I went out and did my homework on how to direct more traffic my way. As can be expected I've implemented as many of the ethical ways that could possibly help. I've done this because I believe the Lord has something to offer to people "out there" and it isn't getting out. I also wanted to do it in a manner so that I could sleep at night and live with myself in the morning.

You'd be surprised some of the awful suggestions I have read in the Internet. Some of them from self-proclaimed Christian sources. As for the non-Christian I will not even elaborate on the subversive, subconscious and subliminal sexual psychology involved since it is not becoming of a Christian readership. I may have already said too much...

(1) They tell me if I write in a more confrontational style I will get more readership in my blog. Never mind that this is totally in opposition to Ephesians 4:29 command to "...not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

(2) They tell me that if I am more snarky I will peak peoples interest more and my hit count will go up thereby making my site more "popular", plus I will get the added perk of being hip (never mind I would be selling my soul and had to look up 'snarky' in the dictionary). Snarky meaning: 1. Rudely sarcastic or disrespectful; snide. 2. Irritable or short-tempered; irascible. Yeah, great...sign me up. If this is what is coming out of me how is this conducive to attracting people to Christ? I'm snarky. Christ is in me. Christ is snarky? ehhhhhh......NEXT!

(3) They tell me if I align myself with "This Corporation" or "That Group" I will sky-rocket in site rankings. Of course they will need 3 monthly installments of $19.95 and they only take Mastercard. I will also need to submit my blood type, my first-born son and sell my soul to the Devil. "Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them." Ephesians 5:11

No thanks. I wait only on God to stir the hearts of the people...

Snarky...hmmpphh.

There are many other suggestions to increase the traffic to SoulJournaler but it seems as though I will need to:

(1) Give into the culture who is at an attention deficit, on sensory overload and demanding of immediate gratification.

(2) Give in to the idea of a census to determine my strength and my worth when I am darn well sure it is given by a merciful and loving God not from a godless culture.

(3) Write nearly libelous things about fellow bloggers, on their blog.

(4) Use photos. Salacious ones are best.

(5) Compromise what I set out to do which was attract people by righteous fruit and a promise of Christian teaching, education and just plain old edification. Only to replace it with the exact things I was suppose to leave behind when I came into the Faith. Sinfulness, sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, greed, being corrupted by deceitful desires, falsehood, anger. Of particular interest in relation to this post Ephesians 4:31 tells me to, "get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice." Ya know something? I have to assume Paul did not have an exact word for it in Greek but I believe "snarky" would be on this list. A clever sarcasm or a play on words (like Jesus or Paul used) on  the other hand...

All of the above are contrary to the Bible. Therefore contrary to my new life. Be gone you big goofy powers and principalities!

Thank you...but no. I will rely on the power and authority of the Word I use to back up and validate my posts. It will establish itself without my help.

Snarky...*sigh*...good grief....
_________

Addendum (To initial post):

It has also come to my attention that my medium of communication may also be changing and perhaps that is why readership is diminishing. Perhaps it is  God's way to get me to focus some of my time and energies on homiletics and oral delivery not just writing and direct personal interaction. My ministry to this point has predominately been through personal evangelism and online blogging/writing. This appears to be changing. I have been asked by, and spoken with, three different churches over denominational lines to speak at three separate churches over the last month alone. To me this is extraordinary that God would deem me worthy and ready to do this type of work for Him already. One church in one denomination is one thing but three different ones in three different denominations says to me that my big God is moving (in a BIG way). Regardless, I feel the mountain beginning to shake even though I cannot exactly perceive actual movement except in it's affect on things around me...the hearts of the people and the needs of the Church.

Praise the Name of the Lord..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...